The 12 Best Fishing Reel Brands and Most Popular Reel Models
I’m sure we can agree there is a ton of fishing reel brands covering a variety of gear options and price points. You may think classifying the 12 best brands is a little presumptuous as I may interpret the value of a brand differently than you do. And that’s completely fair. That said, these are the top brands that we’ve chosen on experience, durability/quality, technology, customer service and finally how they have adapted to the changing fishing industry.
Along with the top brand histories and what they’re known for, I’ve included their best selling reels (that are still being sold) and their higher end (premium) reels. Remember this article is focused on reels and not rods or other fishing gear. These reels are strictly spinning, casting and spincast and do NOT include fly or centerpins reels.
If you want to focus on the best type of reels, see my review pages:
Penn Fishing Overview
Machinist Otto Henze began working for the reel manufacturer Ocean City Manufacturing Company shortly after he immigrated to America from Germany in 1922. 10 years later, he rented a loft a few blocks away and started his own reel company. He impressed Miller Auto Supply Company with his innovative designs, and they offered him a production contract.
The reel that put his fledgling company on the map is his second design, the Long Beach. It was the first reel to incorporate both a casting lever and a star drag wheel. The Long Beach was an instant hit with surf anglers and charter fishing guides.
His wife, Martha, took over operations after his untimely death in 1948, and the small company grew into a globally recognized brand.
What They’re Known For
Penn got its start as a saltwater fishing gear manufacturer, and that reputation holds today. Their signature reel, the Senator, has been a mainstay in the saltwater fishing scene since its debut in 1936. 220 different models are currently in production, and they are all considered to be among the most dependable for ocean fishing.
Best Selling Penn Reel
- Durable, high range spinning reel ideal for conquering big saltwater game fish
- Full metal body, sideplate, and rotor and heavy duty aluminum bail wire offer exceptional durability
- HT 100 carbon fiber drag system provides powerful drag without sacrificing smoothness
- Fluid cranking with 5 sealed stainless steel ball bearings and instant anti reverse bearing
- Superline spool requires no backing, is braid ready, and has line capacity rings marked at 1/3, 2/3, and full capacity
High End Penn Reel
- Full Metal Body, side plate, and rotor
- CNC Gear technology
- IP6 Sealed body and spool design
- Sealed Slammer drag system with Dura-Drag
- 6+1 stainless steel bearing system
Shimano Fishing Overview
Shimano got its start in 1927 as a bicycle parts manufacturer in Japan. They became known for their precise engineering and ingenious innovations of existing gear technology. They pioneered in-hub gear systems. It wasn’t until 1970 that the American division of the company broke into the fishing reel niche, but their success was immediate.
The company revolutionized the reel industry while still in its infancy. In 1972, just a couple years after entering the tackle market, they introduced their DUX Auto series of spinning reels. This line featured a special cog system that automatically shifted into a higher gear when the angler set a hook.
What They’re Known For
Shimano is known for innovation. After the game-changing DUX Auto series. They introduced the Bantam 200 reel, which was the first ultra-light baitcaster. The world wasn’t quite ready for a computerized reel, but Shimano built one anyway. It was very big, because it had a micro-computer inside that controlled the motorized spool.
Best Selling Shimano Reel
- With its updated design and cold forged HAGANE gears, the Shimano Sedona spinning reel offers a number of significant performance upgrades at an affordable value
- Incorporates Shimano’s flagship HAGANE gearing that provides long-lasting, strong, and durable performance and smoothness giving anglers the strength for both inshore and offshore action
- Features double-anodized machine-cut spools for increased line capacity while keeping the body compact
- Equipped with a Propulsion Line Management System that provides longer casting distances while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming
- Max Drag: 7 lbs. / Gear Ratio: 5.0:1. / Weight: 7.6 oz. / Line Retrieve: 26" / Bearings: 3BB + 1RB – PowerPro Line Cap: 15/85, 20/65 – Mono Line Cap: 2/270, 4/140, 6/110
High End Shimano Reel
- High end offshore saltwater spinning reel. Retrieve: Reversible, Gear ratio: 6.2:1
- Mono line capacity (lbs/yd): 10/240,12/195,14/165
- PowerPro line capacity (lbs/yd): 20/245,30/225,40/175
- Line retrieve per crank: 41 inch
- Max. drag force: 29 lbs, weight: 15.30 ounce, bearings: 14 S ARB and 1 roller bearing
Daiwa Fishing Overview
Daiwa came into being just as “Rock Around The Clock” hit number one on the charts in 1955. They focused on a single line of spinning reels at first. Growth was slow and steady. In 1966, they opened a sales and distribution center in Culver City, California to handle what became an impressive share of the Western Hemisphere’s fishing tackle market. Today, they are known for quality and a commitment to fine craftsmanship.
What They’re Known For
The manufacturer is heavily entrenched in the freshwater rod and reel industry, although they do offer some pretty good saltwater options. The saltwater reels are expensive, but offer a glimpse of Daiwa’s industry-leading innovation. Most of their freshwater reels are of the spinner and baitcasting variety, with just a few fly and trolling reels.
Perhaps their two most well-known reel lines are the HD and LT. The HD stands for “heavy duty,” and these reels feature strong sealed ball bearings. LT stands for “light and tough.” They are made of lightweight alloys and are very comfortable to use.
Best Selling Daiwa Reel
- Black Anodized Machined Aluminum Housing ("Hard Bodyz" Body & Side Cover), Over-sized Digigear (Digigear System)
- Solid Screw-In Handle, Air Rotor, Dynamic Cut Aluminum ABS Spool
- Braided Line Ready Spool, Waterproof Drag System, Carbon ATD, Line Per Handle Turn: 53.3"
- Manual Return Bail (4500 and Larger), 6BB+1RB, Gear Ratio: 5.6:1, Drag Max:33
- Line Capacity (Lb. Test / Yards): 20/550, 25/440, 30/370 J-BRAID: 50/730, 65/590, 80/440
High End Daiwa Reel
Abu Garcia Fishing Overview
Many of today’s most widely recognized fishing tackle manufacturers got their start with totally unrelated products, and Abu Garcia is no different. They started out making watches and taximeters in the 1920s. But demand for those products bottomed out during WWII. The company turned to Göte Borgström, the founder’s son, for direction on which way to go. The Swede loved fishing, so he began to design reels.
His designs caught the attention of the largest importer of fishing gear at that time, the Garcia Corporation. Sales were rather lackluster at first. It was the Ambassadeur line of reels that really got the fishing public to take notice. That was in the late 1950s, and the rest is history. The company has changed hands many times, but their popularity and the value of their reels have remained steady.
What They’re Known For
Antique Abu Garcia reels can go for thousands of dollars. A quick check on sites like eBay confirms both the rarity and astronomical cost of old Abu Garcia tackle. Nowadays, the manufacturer is best known for its smooth spinning reels and its low-profile freshwater baitcasters.
Best Selling Abu Garcia Reels
- Lightweight design with one piece graphite frame and side plates
- 4 stainless steel ball bearings
- Power Disk system
- MagTrax brake system boosts range and accuracy of casts
- Compact bent handle and recessed reel provide an ergonomic grip
- 4 stainless steel ball bearings plus 1 roller bearing provides smooth operation
- Carbon Matrix drag system gives smooth drag performance
- Compact bent handle and star provide a more ergonomic design
- 6 pin centrifugal brake gives consistent brake pressure throughout the cast
- Synchronized level wind system improves line lay and castability
High End Abu Garcia Reel
- 5 stainless steel HPCR bearings + 1 roller bearing provides increased corrosion protection
- X2-cräftic alloy frame and side plate for increased corrosion resistance
- Power stack carbon matrix drag System provides extreme drag pressures combined with unparalleled smoothness
- Dragger heavy duty provides increased Fighting power and extended gear life
- Duraclutch design provides improved engagement and durability
Pflueger Fishing Overview
Originally known as Enterprise Manufacturing Company, E.A. Pflueger Company was born in 1880 as a fishing tackle manufacturer. A few years after its birth, Pflueger forever revolutionized the fishing tackle market with the introduction of lures that glow in the dark. The company enjoyed tremendous success as a lure and hook maker, but it wasn’t until 1916 that they began to make reels.
Their first reel was the Pflueger Baitcast, which was an instant hit. But it would be almost 40 years before they came out with their first reel. Even today, the company does not have such a wide variety of reels as most others. They do, however, enjoy some of the best brand loyalty in the industry.
What They’re Known For
Pflueger has focused mostly on rod and reel combos. They offer a very good value, with some of the cheapest products on the market, and the public has responded by making some of their combos the best selling year after year. Baitcasters, spinners, fly and trolling reels are all in their freshwater lineups. They also make saltwater rigs, but they haven’t yet captured a significant share of that niche.
Best Selling Pflueger Reel
- 10 bearing system: corrosion resistant stainless steel ball bearings
- Graphite body and rotor: lightweight graphite reel construction. Braid ready spool - allows Braid to be tied directly to spool
- Sealed Drag System: Sealed drag washers, always lubricated, always smooth. Slow oscillation gearing : improves line lay and minimizes line twist
- The “B” at the end of the model number represents the type of packaging (B= Claim, X= Box) and does not affect any of the specifications of the product
High End Pflueger Reel
- 10 bearing System - Corrosion resistant stainless steel ball Bearings
- Magnesium body and rotor - feather light design
- Braid ready spool - allows Braid to be tied directly to spool
- Sealed carbon drag - sealed system, always lubricated, always smooth
- Carbon handle - 21 percent lighter than aluminum
Lew’s Fishing Overview
Lew Childre Jr saw the need for fresh bait in his hometown on the gulf coast of Alabama. He and his wife, Bebe, started selling shrimp to the local anglers. This small venture slowly grew to a little bait and tackle shop. But Childre was frustrated with the rods of the day. He started to grow his own bamboo for making his own rods.
While on a trip to Japan to find the best bamboo, he met some Japanese investors who loved fishing almost as much as he did. They decided to help fund his idea for a new type of reel with a teardrop shape. Soon after, in 1979, Lew’s Speed Spool Baitcaster was born. It was a big hit at bass tournaments, paired with his pistol-grip rods.
What They’re Known For
Lew Childre & Sons Inc. is still known for the types of reels that put them on the map. Those teardrop reels are very popular today, and it’s hard to find a better one outside of Lew’s line of reels. They mostly make baitcasters, but there are some spinning reels that are widely used by American fishermen.
Best Selling Lew’s Reel
- LEW'S MACH CRUSH SPEED SPOOL: Baitcast reel features a strong and lightweight, Super Low Profile (SLP) graphite frame and side plates
- SPEEL SPOOL FISHING REEL: Reel features a machined and double anodized aluminum U-shape 32 millimeter spool and a high strength solid brass main gear and crank shaft
- ZERO REVERSE: Premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded stainless steel ball bearings and Zero Reverse one-way clutch bearing
- MULTI-SETTING BRAKE (MSB): Externally-adjustable dual cast control system utilizing both an external click-dial for setting the magnetic brake, plus 4 individually disengage able disk-mounted internal brake shoes that operate on centrifugal force
- BAITCASTING REEL: Reel features a double-anodized aluminum spool tension adjustment with audible click and a rugged carbon fiber drag system which provides up to 20 pounds drag power
High End Lew’s Reel
- LEW'S CUSTOM INSHORE SPEED SPOOL: Baitcast reel features a one-piece aluminum frame with C45 gear side plate and graphite palming side plate, and a strong, lightweight carbon handle side plate and graphite palm side plate
- ZERO REVERSE: Premium 10-bearing system with sealed corrosion resistant stainless steel ball bearings and Zero Reverse one-way clutch bearing; Double shielded stainless steel bearing
- BAITCASTING REEL: Features a machined, double anodized aluminum deep U style 32mm spool and a high strength solid brass gearing
- MULTI-SETTING BRAKE (MSB): Externally adjustable dual cast control system utilizes both an external click-dial for setting the magnetic brake, plus 4 individually disengaging, disc-mounted internal brake shoes that operate centrifugal
- FISHING REEL: The baitcast reel includes a double-anodized aluminum spool tension adjustment with audible click and a carbon fiber drag system which provides up to 20 lbs. of drag power
Okuma Fishing Overview
Okuma is relatively new to the field, having entered the fishing tackle industry in the mid-1980s. But they have almost 40 series of reels spanning all the major types: spinners, baitcasters, saltwater, freshwater and fly. Their designs range from minimalist to almost over complicated.
Their product development is based in the United States, but most of the manufacturing is done in Taiwan. This allows the company to stay on the cutting edge of contemporary American fishing trends while keeping prices reasonable.
What They’re Known For
Okuma is known for its budget reels. They have mastered the production process to the point where they can put out dependable and feature-laden reels at a low cost. This makes them particularly popular with beginner anglers who know how to research and find a good product that fills all of their needs.
Many of their mid-priced reels are popular with seasoned fisherman, but they aren’t so well-known as to have a major presence at tournaments or on charter boats.
Best Selling Okuma Reel
- Gear Ratio: 5.0:1, Precision Elliptical Gearing system
- 7BB + 1RB bearing system, Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Multi-disc, oiled felt drag system, Ambidextrous
High End Okuma Reel
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for reliability and quality
- Used by professionals worldwide
- On/Off auto trip bait feeding system
- Multi-disc, oiled felt drag system
13 Fishing Overview
13 Fishing is a newcomer to the game, beginning production in 2012. But this is one company that you should keep an eye on if you follow trends in the industry. As with most other new fishing tackle manufacturers, this one began with a focus on the American market. Rapala’s recent investment is taking 13 Fishing into the global marketplace. This will almost certainly lead to an expansion in the company’s domestic and foreign product lines. We’ll most likely see more spinning reels and possibly fly fishing combos.
What They’re Known For
13 Fishing is, without a doubt, most known for its baitcasters. They offer only a few spinning reels, but interestingly enough, their most popular reel is a spinner.
Best Selling 13 Fishing Reel
- CONCEPT ZERO BEARING TECHNOLOGY - CZB Technology replaces all ball bearing with proprietary new space-age polymer material.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE REEL - This bait casting reel casts significantly farther than reel with traditional ball bearings.
- CORROSION PROTECTION - This light fishing reel constructed using Ocean Armor 2 Saltwater Protection Process to fight corrosion.
- 6-WAY CENTRIFUGAL BRAKING SYSTEM - The 6-way centrifugal braking system allows to adjust the 6 pins of the braking system from under the beetle wing sideplate.
- HD ALUMINUM FRAME AND GEAR SIDEPLATE - Both the frame and gear sideplates of the Concept Z are made out of aluminum, making it incredibly lightweight yet durable against the elements and strong enough to handle large fish.
High End 13 Fishing Reel
- Zero Ball Bearings
- CZB - Concept Zero Bearing Technology
- Ocean Armor 2 Saltwater Protection Process
- HD Aluminum Frame and Gear Side Plate
- 30+ lbs... Maximum Drag
KastKing Fishing Overview
Eposeidon was born on the Finger Lakes in upstate New York. The college students who founded it had a vision. They wanted to have a direct connection to fisherman and keep their prices ridiculously low. The kids decided that the best way to realize this vision was to cut out the middlemen and deal directly with the consumers. Their factory-direct venture, now known as KastKing, was almost immediately a success. Even their product development is driven by surveys and suggestions that come directly from anglers who use their products.
What They’re Known For
KastKing is known for their across-the-board low prices and value. The majority of their reels can be had for less than $50, with some costing about half of that. Their reel lineup is more or less equally split between spinners and baitcasters, although the baitcasters are the most popular.
Best Selling KastKing Reel
- GREAT FOR BEGINNERS – The 1st Generation Royal legend baitcasting reel has one of the best dual brake systems with a quick, easy to fine-tune reliable centrifugal and magnetic brake system for superior casting control. If you are new to baitcasters or get frustrated with backlashes, the Royale Legend is the perfect choice.
- BIGGER LINE CAPACITY – Royale Legend I is a bigger baitcasting reel than the 2nd generation. It’s a good fit when you need to have more lines on your reel.
- PERFORMANCE - Low profile design bait caster with a super silent high speed 7.0:1 line retrieve. Two color anodized aluminum forged multi-ported whiffle-style spool offers maximum strength while reducing weight.
- UNMATCHED – Precision cut brass gear structure and carbon fiber drag system delivering 17.5 LBs of drag offer the ultimate in a high performance low maintenance baitcasting reel package.
- PROVEN - 11 + 1 double shielded MaxiDur ball bearings for super smooth casting, retrieve, and long life.
High End KastKing Reel
- Elite Concept– Designed for Competition; Engineered for the Win! Advanced Bassinator Elite Classic baitcaster reels deliver Pro Level performance for anglers like MLF tournament Pro, Bassmaster Elite AOY Brent Chapman. The Bassinator Classic casting reel was developed in a series of tournament ready fishing reels for peak bass fishing performance. “Elite” on a KastKing fishing reel tells you they’ll withstand thousands of casts a day in tough conditions.
- Palm Perfect Compact Design – The Bassinator Elite competition baitcast reel is KastKing’s smallest zero-flex aluminum frame casting reel that fits perfectly and comfortably in the palm of your hand. Bassinator Elite is a compact, Palm Perfect cast reel that is ergonomically designed for comfort with easy to open weight-reducing smooth carbon fiber Swing Wing side plates that stay in place when you open them so your side cover will never fall in the water or blow away if dropped.
- Tournament Proven Components – Bassinator Elite baitcasting reels are tested by bass fishing pros and are ready for your next fishing tournament with high-end components and features. Bassinator has a hardened aluminum main gear and solid brass pinion gear for durability and smoothness, short main shaft for weight reduction, higher speeds, longer casts without noise, a line memory dial function that lets you know what lb test line you have spooled up, and drainage ports that reduce maintenance.
- Ultra-smooth & Reliable – Bassinator Elite Classic uses 10 double-shielded, stainless-steel bearings including two, free-spin super speed spool bearings that provide you with amazing ultra-smooth performance and extra-long casts plus an instant stop anti-reverse bearing for a total of 10+1 BB. The spool tensioning nut has click adjustments for accurate control and it won’t back off during use. You can fish like a pro all day long with Bassinator baitcasting reels.
- Power and Control – The KastKing Bassinator Elite Classic baitcaster reel features a powerful carbon fiber drag that delivers up to 17.6 lbs of fish stopping power. A centrifugal cast control system features 6 adjustable braking shoes to eliminate backlash and overruns with a variety of baits in all fishing conditions. The Bassinator Classic Elite fishing reel series comes in a standard 6.6:1 gear ratio or a high-speed retrieve 8.1:1 model cranked with a carbon fiber handle and AAA cork grips.
Quantum Fishing Overview
This is a Zebco brand, founded in 1984 to lead the way of their parent company’s innovation and precision-engineered fishing products. They don’t currently offer any fly or trolling reels, but they do have a nice line of baitcasters and spinning reels that range from quite affordable to high end.
What They’re Known For
The brand was almost instantly popular with bass tournament anglers, especially those who preferred low-profile baitcasters for largemouths. It wasn’t long before outdoor writers fell in love with Quantum. It is rare to get through a fishing magazine without seeing some kind of endorsement for this brand. But it isn’t hype. Quantum draws from the years of Zebco’s industry dominance, and they are constantly updating and improving their reels and other tackle products. So there’s a lot to write about. This mostly free publicity helps Quantum to continue its growth season after season.
Best Selling Quantum Reel
- The quick 7.0:1 gear ratio makes this reel perfect when you need speed on your side; retrieves 29-inches of line per turn
- Rigid, one piece aluminum construction is coated to protect against saltwater; features 8+1 high speed bearings and a right-handed retrieve
- Designed with the Quantum Flippin' Switch tech that allows you to release line and reengage the reel without turning the handle; continuous anti-reverse stainless steel clutch
- Friction is eliminated with a clever design holding the pinion gear in place; the addition of the famous Quantum Hot Sauce lubrication means lower friction and a longer life for the reel
- Micro-Adjust Adjustable Centrifugal System makes it easy to change the braking force; ceramic carbon drag system balances smoothness with power with a max drag of 18-pounds
High End Quantum Reel
Zebco Fishing Overview
Here’s another leading reel manufacturer that was founded by a watchmaker. The company has grown from its first steps in the 1940s to a giant maker of all kinds of outdoor products, but it is still best known for its fishing gear. It has acquired and sold many smaller fishing company’s along its way to becoming one of the biggest and perhaps most famous angling supplier.
What They’re Known For
Board any charter ocean fishing boat, and you are likely to find one of Zebco’s big heavy-duty reels. They have a reputation for quality surf and deep-sea reels.
Another thing they’re known for is the closed-head design spinning reels, sometimes called spincasters, that are so popular for kids. But adults love that they tend to stay tangle-free as well. Some of these bullet spinners made in the 1950s are still in use today. That speaks to the durability and quality that the brand is known for.
Best Selling Zebco Reel
- POWERFUL REEL: The Omega Pro Spincast is a closed-cast fishing reel that comes pre-spooled with 10-pound Zebco fishing line. This reel features aluminum covers, an extra Dual-Paddle handle, and a soft-touch thumb button for smooth and easy casting.
- SMOOTH RETRIEVAL: This reel features 7 bearings (6 + clutch), a 19-inch retrieve rate, right/left hand retrieve, and all-metal gears to stand tough for many fishing adventures to come!
- RELIABLE: The Omega Pro brings an elevated fishing experience to a trusted spincast. The instant anti-reverse technology on this reel helps you secure your next prized catch, enhancing any fishing trip due to its smooth feel and reliability.
- VERSATILE USE: With a mono capacity of 85/10, this reel is especially ideal for heavy species such as walleye, bass, catfish, and striper. Set a new gold standard for angling achievement with Omega Pro.
High End Zebco Reel
- Spare spool of line with Quick Change spool design.
- Changeable Right or Left Hand Retrieve.
- Revolutionary ZeroFriction dual-bearing supported pick-up pin design.
- Forged Aluminum and double anodized front cover.
- Continuous Anti-Reverse clutch with 9 Bearings (8 + Clutch)
Piscifun Fishing Overview
This young company was started in 2013 by two fishing buddies. They are committed to what they refer to as “rapid product updating,” It doesn’t seem, however, that their products are updated all that often. But that isn’t really necessary if you get it right the first time. The company’s reputation is for high quality and functionality, so it seems that the two friends know what they’re doing.
They manufacture spinning, baitcasting and fly reels. The company has recently started to gain traction in other fishing gear, like waders, tackle boxes and backpacks. This may or may not shift the focus away from reels, but it seems as though Piscifun’s foothold in the reel niche is strong.
What They’re Known For
At this point, they’re known mostly for large sealed drag fly reels. They also have gotten a reputation for large open-design baitcasters for both freshwater and saltwater. It will be interesting to check back in a few years and take a look at the Piscifun’s line of reels. They may become an industry leader in fly reels, and there’s a possibility that they’ll capture a much bigger saltwater market share.
Best Selling Piscifun Reel
- POWERFUL- Advanced, 4-washer, gives the low profile baitcasting reel physically powerful 18LB carbon fiber drag to handle the big fish you are after
- DURABLE - Industrial durable-strength, climate-resistant Japanese Hami cut 3604 brass gears, these are all top quality gears you expect for baitcaster fishing reels
- PERFORMANCE - Low profile design bait caster featuring 7.1:1 gear ratios specifically designed for the versatile angler. The Super Silent high speed 7.1:1 Gear Ratio baitcasting fishing reel is perfect for getting fish quickly out of cover and faster fishing tactics
- UNIQUE - Unique side-plate oil port for prolonged maintenance for Novice to Pro to maximize your baitcast reel life and performance
- UNPARALLELED - Strong double wind shafts and backlash-eliminating 0-10 magnetic dial-in settings
High End Piscifun Reel
- Feather Light - The Carbon X is meticulously crafted with an all carbon fiber body, rotor and side plate making it one of the lightest in its class, weighing in at a mere 5.7 oz. The Carbon X greatly reduces the fatigue placed on your wrist over a long day of chasing those trophy fish
- Multiple Retrieves - The Piscifun Carbon X spinning reel features a lightning fast 6.2:1 gear ratio as well as a buttery smooth 5.1:1 in our 1000 model. These 2 gear ratios are the perfect combination, the high speed retrieve helps every angler battle the strong, fast runs of the biggest fish and the moderate speed is perfect for finessing in your next trophy
- Silky Smooth - You will be amazed at the incredible smoothness of the Carbon X, the 10+1 shielded stainless steel ball bearings are critical for increased smooth operation, retrieve performance and corrosion resistance.
- Consistent & Powerful Drag - 3 premium oversized carbon washers give you a best in class up to 33lbs drag power and the sealed rubber ring protects your drag from being compromised by water and dust. These drag features offer you the ultimate experience whether you’re chasing your tournament kicker or spending a day with the kids on the lake
- Unique & Innovative – The Carbon X is loaded with incredible features like our reinforced anti corrosion stainless steel main shaft and Zinc Alloy drive gear, direct drive screw-in aluminum handle, hollow nest shaped spool, smooth positive click drag, and high density EVA knob. These features are typically found in reels in a much higher price range, but we are making it affordable for everyone
Summary of the Top Fishing Reel Brands
There you have it! I’m sure you may have been surprised to see some of these brands as they haven’t been around for very long. Each of the companies has impressed me whether it be their longstanding quality reels, the sexiness of their products (and marketing) and even how I see these companies positioning themselves in a fast paced growing fishing industry.
What do think? Did we miss one (some)? I’d love to hear from you on my contact page. Thanks for taking the time to check out my page. Much appreciation! Jesse